1 cup castor sugar
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs, separated
60g butter, melted
1. Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl
2. Stir in milks and well beaten egg yolks and butter, beat until smooth
3. In a clean, dry bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold into batter very gently, set aside to allow bubbles to emerge
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove on medium
5. Ladle batter onto frypan for desired sized pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear (there will be a lot!)
6. Turn and cook the other side for one minute, serve at once.
|the best non-stick frying pan!|
|Love eating pancakes like this|
I had two pancakes, each with a different jam on it. I didn't think this would fill me up but it did!
The next few hours I really didn't do much, then I decided that 1 hour and a half before my little brother's confirmation, I wanted to go and do my weights at the gym. Completely my own fault that I left it this late. So pretty much I had 30 mins to do my workout! I cut my weights program down and ended up doing:
3 minute warm-up on cross-trainer
Half squats (with dumbbells)
Stationary lunges (with dumbbells)
Barbell Upright Row
2 sets back extensions
Quick whole body stretch
It was shorter than what I normally do, but it was something!
Then it was off to my brother's confirmation where I was his sponsor. The ceremony was short and sweet and it was really cute seeing all the kids there. Then I came home and had some poached eggs on burgen soy-lin toast, because I only managed to get a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese after my weights before running out the door. Very bad time management on my part :P
The rest of the evening was spent reading the paper and watching Junior Masterchef :) Overall a nice relaxing weekend.