Sunday, November 14, 2010

Super-fast weights

I woke up on Sunday morning to a bowl of pancake batter and a waiting saucepan on the stove, the remains of the family's breakfast. I thought 'what the heck, I've eaten oats every other day this week, and it's a sunday'. So I thought I would try the pancakes with my new jams! The pancake recipe we used is really light and fluffy and it goes such a long way! The recipe is adapted from 'Contende', a cookbook made up of recipes from the families of St Joseph's College, dad has tweaked it a bit. By the way, these are sweet pancakes, not 'healthy' :P

Buttermilk Pancakes

Ingredients
1 cup castor sugar
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs, separated
60g butter, melted

Method
1. Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl
2. Stir in milks and well beaten egg yolks and butter, beat until smooth
3. In a clean, dry bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold into batter very gently, set aside to allow bubbles to emerge
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove on medium
5. Ladle batter onto frypan for desired sized pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear (there will be a lot!)
6. Turn and cook the other side for one minute, serve at once.

the best non-stick frying pan!


Love eating pancakes like this



I had two pancakes, each with a different jam on it. I didn't think this would fill me up but it did!
The next few hours I really didn't do much, then I decided that 1 hour and a half before my little brother's confirmation, I wanted to go and do my weights at the gym. Completely my own fault that I left it this late. So pretty much I had 30 mins to do my workout! I cut my weights program down and ended up doing:

3 minute warm-up on cross-trainer
Lat Pulldown
Chest Press
Half squats (with dumbbells)
Stationary lunges (with dumbbells)
Barbell Upright Row
2 sets back extensions
Bicycles
Quick whole body stretch

It was shorter than what I normally do, but it was something!

Then it was off to my brother's confirmation where I was his sponsor. The ceremony was short and sweet and it was really cute seeing all the kids there. Then I came home and had some poached eggs on burgen soy-lin toast, because I only managed to get a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese after my weights before running out the door. Very bad time management on my part :P

The rest of the evening was spent reading the paper and watching Junior Masterchef :) Overall a nice relaxing weekend.

Nicola xx

No comments:

Post a Comment